You have several rights under data protection law in relation to how we use your personal information. GDPR sets out the following rights:
- The right to access the personal information a company holds on you
- The right to have your personal information sent directly to yourself or another organisation
- The right to have inaccuracies corrected
- The right to object, including in relation to direct marketing
- The right to restrict the processing of information
- The right to have personal information erased
These rights are in some circumstances limited by data protection legislation and we might require further information from you before we can respond to your request. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details above.
We will only collect information about you that is provided to us by you, by your prescribing clinic or Health Service Executive. This may include your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number, and details relating to your prescription (machine settings), and will be data that is required in order for us to provide the service we have been engaged to do. Some of this information is required as patient identifiers, to ensure accuracy and security of data, in corresponding with a clinic about individual clients. We do not retain credit card information. We do not obtain personal data about you from any other sources.
What Home Health Care will do with your information?
We gather and use your information to:
- Allow us to provide you with services you request from us
- Comply with legal obligations we might be subject to (such as anti-money laundering)
- Allow you to participate in events organised by us
- Provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those you have already requested of us or enquired about and to notify you of changes to our services
Your Information and Third-Party Service Providers
From time to time we will need to share some of your personal information with agents, contractors or partners of Home Health Care Ltd. These may include the Health Service Executive and its’ agents, or any agent we rely upon to provide service or carry out a transaction.
We have implemented generally accepted standards of Technology and operational security in order to protect personal data and information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, the transmission of information by means of the internet, including through email, is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to or from us by means of email and any such transmission is at your own risk.
We will only hold your personal information for the duration necessary to allow us to provide the services that you have requested or for any additional period as required by law.
Electronic files are stored on our secure servers and in the cloud. These cloud servers are in Dublin data centres and not outside of the EU. Whenever we transfer your data (e.g. correspondence with clinics), we will ensure appropriate safeguards are in place. You may contact us if you wish to find out more.
We may contact you by mail, email and telephone about our services and in particular about the service schedule for your equipment which may be of interest to you. Should you subsequently choose to unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registration, you may contact us by email to email@example.com